Sanding the table top tonight…

 

 

A lot of glue to remove. The belt sander was keen! I felt I got a good arm and stomach workout keeping it from zooming off as I sanded and sanded and sanded for about an hour.

 

 

 

…then it was time to cut down to size…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next week, some final preparation with the smaller sander… and the top should be ready to attach. Excitement!

 

An interesting development occurred whereby I discovered that the new inhabitant of our old house has no need for a legacy poultry zone.

image

Posts, wire, house, nets… it’s all still there, for us to pick up whenever we like.

Having had to abandon this labour of hen love, the discovery was an unexpected but pleasing turn of events. And because I carefully built it to be easily dismantled, it shouldn’t take an age to reclaim.

Today has therefore been mainly concerned with logistical plotting…